Monday, June 29, 2009

Ice Cream

So, I'm taking a hip hop production class this summer. It's actually a lot of fun and I've been exposed to some really cool music that I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise. Anyway, for this past friday we had to take a song, make a loop from a break in it and, if we could, write a short rhyme. It was only supposed to be a minute or so. The whole project was just a ton of fun. Listening to what little music i had available [since all my music is at my computer at my dad's house in Miami] which included some awful old mix CDs, passion pit, fleet foxes, beirut, at the drive in, and some other stuff. I ended up using a short snippet from a Passion Pit song, 'Sleepyhead,' and a tune from one of those old mix CDs. I can't remember the name of the track but it's the little song you hear when you hear an ice cream truck drive by. It was a lot of fun and I hope you guys enjoy it! If for some reason you can't open the tunez, then just email me and I'll mail it to you, it is hella fun times.

Ok, so I can't upload the song to my blog. Once I figure it out [or just make a you tube video for it] I'll put it up here.

No comments: