Monday, June 29, 2009

Diet and Exercise: Does a body good?!?!

Ok, so, over the past year and a half or so, I've put on a lot of weight after LOSING a lot of weight. I weighed around 240 lbs about 3 years ago. I went on a diet [and by diet I mean I drank lots of water and kinda sorta starved myself while occasionally going to the gym] and lost a lot of weight relatively quickly. Unfortunately, I went about it all wrong and have, from hitting my low weight, gained A LOT of it back. Not all of it, thankfully, but a good chunk of it. Anyway, so, starting this summer, I decided "fuck that noise, I need to lose weight!" So, I have been. I've been eating healthier and working out several times per week. I joined a gym in the Durham/Chapel Hill area, CrossFit Durham. It has its own little philosophy when it comes to working out [high intensity, high repetition, and highly varied or something like that]. It's really a great program and I love that everyone goes and does the same WOD [Work Out of the Day]. I've been doing that and also cardio and feel a lot better and have a lot of energy. I feel 'healthier' and have more energy now than I did when I was much thinner. Anyway, I bring this up because I'll be updating my blog with my progress towards a fitter and healthier me [sounds so lame, I know]. The reason I'll be putting this on the blog is that I could use the encouragement or, if I slip up, the criticism!

Also, as far as food is concerned, I'm going to be doing this diet called 'the Zone' diet. I've been reading the book and it seems to be a good balanced and healthy way to eat. Some friends at the gym also adhere to it so I've got a support group there. Anyway, so I'll be updating [as soon as I find a cheap digital camera] with pictures of what I'm cooking and making everyday.

It should be a really fun, difficult, and improving adventure in its own right. So, anyway, I'll keep you kids updated!!!

No comments: